These cute little mushroom medallions are meant to remind you of scallops. Scallops are one of those things I never really ate on a regular basis before going vegan, so they were not exactly up there on the list of things I miss that I no longer eat. However, my husband is obsessed with mushrooms and is always looking for new ways to try them. I am not even joking when I tell you that he literally eats mushrooms every day, and never gets sick of them. So when he suggested I slice the baby king oysters to look like a scallop, I was game!
Most mushrooms respond well to a little butter, or maybe a lot of butter, and some herbs, to go with almost any flavor, and it’s a great jumping off point to try different flavor combinations. These were made as a little snack, but would make a nice side dish as well!
It’s one of those recipes that is barely a recipe at all! I’d love to know what herbs you’re adding to your butter to go with your mushroom medallions, let me know in the comments!
- 200 g mushrooms
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter Becel Vegan
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly in cold water, slice into discs.
- Cut cross hatches into each mushroom disc, to allow the butter to soak in.
- Melt butter in small pan, add mushrooms and sprinkle with half the parsley.Cook 5 minutes.
- Flip mushroom discs, sprinkle with remaining parsley.Cook 5 minutes.