Vegan mousse is one of those things that I always thought would be hard to recreate without heavy whipping cream, but the coconut cream works even better! No exaggeration, vegans and non vegans both love this dessert and it comes together in less than 10 minutes of active work time.
I refrigerate this for about half an hour for the chia seeds to do their thing and for the wet chocolate to harden up and make a nice cap for it, but really you could eat it right after you mix it up!
I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, but a hand mixer would work just as well!
KitchenAid mixer links!
- 1 can coconut cream
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp coconut oil
- Simply place the coconut cream, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and chia seeds in a bowl and whip for about 5 minutes. I used a stand up mixer, you can also use a hand mixer. Mixing it my hand is possible but will take a lot longer.Optionally, you can also mix in some mini chocolate chips or nuts to the mousse.1 can coconut cream, ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 4 tbsp confectioners sugar, 1 tsp chia seeds
- Melt the chocolate however you'd like, then stir in the coconut oil, and use it to create a shell over the top of the mousse.¾ cup chocolate chips, ¼ tsp coconut oil
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.