The biggest selling point of breakfast burritos, at least as far as my unscientific research has shown me, is how customizable they are. All you really need is a protein, something creamy and some veggies and you’re set! They can easily be gluten free by using a gluten free wrap or you can take it a step further and wrap the contents in lettuce or kale.
This is my new go-to breakfast burrito, for how easy it is to come together and how tasty and filling it is, too!
It starts with tofu, and ends with wrapping up a perfect breakfasty medley of raw veggies with it in whatever kind of wrap you like best!
Vegan Breakfast Burrito
- 400 g firm or extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp everything bagel seasoning
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp pico de gallo
- 1 tsp chopped jalapenos
- Melt the vegan butter in a pan on medium heat and crumble the tofu into it. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the spices and nutritional yeast. Then cook until most of the water from the tofu has been released, and it's firmed up a little.400 g firm or extra firm tofu, 2 tbsp vegan butter, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, ½ tsp everything bagel seasoning, ½ tsp turmeric, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- As the tofu is cooking, chop whatever veggies you like. I love the way the avocado acts as a condiment here and the crunch that comes from the red pepper. The pico and jalapeno are a must for me, but not everyone's cup of tea. Use what you like!½ red bell pepper, 1 tbsp pico de gallo, 1 tsp chopped jalapenos
- Layer your tofu, veggies and toppings on your wrap and roll it up!