You can use any kind of white beans you’d like in this recipe! I used white kidney beans, but you can use great northern beans or pinto beans or navy beans. This recipe is really simple, and uses 3 cans of beans, so you could even mix it up a bit and use two cans of one kind of white bean in the pot and the third (that ends up in the food processor for thickness) can be a different kind! Go wild! Also, heads up, this recipe make a whole lot of soup.
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 teaspoons minced garlic
3 cans white beans
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon basil
- Saute the minced garlic in the olive oil until your kitchen smells amazing and the garlic is almost cooked.
- Strain and rinse two cans of beans and add to the pot. Mix it up well to coat the beans with the garlic and olive oil.
- In a food processor, puree one can of beans, including the liquid, and add that to the pot.
- Stir in two cups of vegetable broth and the spices.
- Simmer on medium-low for about 45 minutes.