I make these pierogi from scratch every weekend. Once you get into the groove of it, it’s easy to get fast and faster at it.
I use my Ninja Foodi for both pressure cooking and air frying. You can find the details of it here – 8 Qt Ninja Foodi
My mug is not made anymore, but all Vilks Stoneware pieces are made by hand and gorgeous – https://vilksstoneware.com/
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp peanut oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
3 medium potatoes (I use russet but any variety will be fine)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (plus more for topping)
you can add garlic, onions, spices, bacon, whatever you like there
- Make dough by combining flours, then whisking water, oil and egg together and adding to flour mixture.
- Allow mixer to mix dough with hook attachment for several minutes. If needed, add more water.
- While dough is mixing, peel and chop potatoes into roughly even pieces. Cook until tender. If using pressure cooker, cook for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into sheets and, using a cookie cutter or glass rim, cut into approx 40 circles.
- Mix cheese into potatoes and add in whatever fillings you’d like.
- For each pierogi, wet edges of dough circle, place 1/2 tbsp of filling in center, pinch together in a half moon shape and crimp edges with a fork. Make 10 at a time.
- Boil, move to fryer for 5 minutes and then cover in cheese.
- Repeat for 4 batches of 10.
Leave a Reply