I started making these about three years ago, during a season of sleepovers. They were comically huge, but they were also delicious and you can switch up the chocolate chips, or maybe add some sprinkles to the dough as well, to make them match any theme!
These cookies get their size by dropping 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie! You can easily make them even larger or smaller, just adjust the baking time. I have found that this chocolate chip cookie recipe is the best for larger cookies, 2 tablespoons or more! They actually bake all the way through, as long as you make sure to press down the dough before you bake them!
Tag me on Instagram when you make these and let me know how they turned out in the comments. https://www.instagram.com/mrsmayshank/
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips if you can find the jumbo size chips, try them!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk flour and baking powder. Set aside.1½ cups all purpose flour, ½ tsp baking powder
- Cream butter and both sugars together, then add the egg.½ cup butter, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 egg
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.¾ cup chocolate chips
- Measure out two tablespoons per cookie, and give them plenty of room in between. You'll need the room to flatten the cookie dough before you bake them, and they will spread a little while baking.
These cookies were originally made with an egg and butter made from dairy. Over the years, I have tried different versions of this recipe and have had great luck with my modifications. You can use 1/4 cup of applesauce in place of the egg and there are so many options out there for dairy free butter you can substitute with a 1:1 ratio.