The idea of making your own cereal is a little out there, I get it. But the idea of eating clean cereal that’s just as tasty as the store bought stuff without any chemicals is too good to pass up!
These little treats make excellent study snacks because they give you a boost of energy and a little sweetness but your hands stay clean!
I did some research before I attempted this and I decided to try out a ball shape, since a certain spherical shaped chocolate cereal is the most loved cereal in our house. I tried with different kinds and amounts of sweeteners and agave produced the best results while being the cleanest sweetener. If you are aiming for a more store-bought taste, you could use an equal amount of white sugar to achieve that.
Chocolate Ball Cereal
- ¼ cup almond milk any milk will work
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey you could also use agave, sugar, maple syrup, etc
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour gluten free flour blends do not hold up well 🙁
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk your milk, egg, honey, almond butter and vanilla until well incorporated.¼ cup almond milk, ¼ cup honey, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ¼ cup almond butter, 1 egg
- Slowly add the flour and cocoa powder.2 cups all purpose flour, ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- Mix, mix, mix until it's all blended in well.
- Roll the batter into your cereal sized balls and put on a lined baking sheet. You'll have to rinse your hand often throughout this process but it goes by quickly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. You may find they are not hard enough after just 10 minutes and you need the extra 5. It really varies by individual ovens.
- Let cool, and they will harder just a little more as they cool off. Eat by the handful as a snack or have with milk in a bowl for breakfast (or at midnight, no judgement here)!
Let me know in the comments what your favourite cereal is and what cereal I should try next! What would make a good study snack cereal?