This is one of those recipes that comes together so fast, but really tastes like it took all afternoon. Made with just a few simple ingredients and my alfredo spice mix, and yes I am including that recipe in this post, you can pour this over pasta or rice or a sweet potato or any savory thing your little heart desires.
I especially love that when using gluten free flour, this recipe is entirely gluten free so it can be used in place of so many other options over gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter Becel vegan works well
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1½ cups cashew milk
- 2 tbsp spice mix dried roasted garlic, dried roasted onion, black pepper, sesame seeds, celery seed, parsley, cayenne pepper and dehydrated; red bell pepper, tomatoes, and carrots.
- Melt the butter in a medium size sauce pan.
- Whisk in the flour until totally combined into a paste.
- Add the cashew milk and whisk until thickening.
- Whisk in the spice mix and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
I would absolutely love to know what some of your favourite dairy free swaps have been! There’s been so more experimenting in our kitchen these past couple of years, and I’m always learning so much more. Classic example is the thickness of the different nut based milks! I knew they were different, but you don’t really know how it’s going to work in a recipe until you try!
What is your favourite dairy free milk?