We all have a favourite take out place that has something smothered in an orange flavored sauce, and maybe that’s what makes it a favourite! Most of the time, the dish is orange chicken and that sauce is so good you could put it on pretty much anything.
Since going vegan, I’ve learned that it goes especially well on chick peas, air fryer tofu and of course, rice!
This is an incredibly simple recipe, and it’s saved many weeknight dinners! Including the corn starch slurry, it only has four ingredients, with the option to add two more if you like the flavor they bring, so it comes together quick!
- ½ cup orange marmalade with or without rinds
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the marmalade, soy sauce and ¼ cup of water. Heat on medium high until simmering. Reduce heat to low and keep simmering.½ cup orange marmalade, ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- In a separate bowl, (I just use the measuring cup), whisk together the rest of the water (1 cup) and the corn starch.1¼ cup water, 1 tbsp corn starch
- Whisk a little of the marmalade mixture into the corn starch mixture and then whisk all of that mixture into the marmalade. Continue to whisk while simmering on low heat until thickened.