I feel like sometime between everyone making their own homemade hummus and everyone adding chick peas to salads, eating them on their own was totally skipped over!
The neat thing about roasting chick peas is that depending on what you season them with, you can eat them as a little handheld snack or yes, as croutons for your salad!
Today, I made them kind of sweet to snack on while watching lectures. They’re not one of my 100% clean hands treats, but they’re not terribly sticky either. Good for watching lectures or reviewing notes, but a little too sticky for taking notes.
Sweet and Crunchy Chick Peas
- 1½ cups chick peas canned or cooked from dried but must be fully cooked
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Pour chick peas into a mixing bowl.1½ cups chick peas
- Whisk spices, add to chick peas and mix to coat.½ tsp salt, ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp cloves, ¼ tsp allspice
- Add maple syrup and mix to evenly coat all chick peas.3 tbsp maple syrup
- Pour chick peas onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.